Friday, May 27, 2011

Call of the Wild

We just got home from our daily walk.  I described the bosque trail this morning, but here are some pictures so that you can better imagine this story.




We were cruisin' along, mindin' our own business when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the tail of a reptile!!  Think anaconda ('cause that's how scared I was) but imagine the possible tail of a garter snake or small lizard ('cause that's how big it actually was).  YUCK!!  And scary, and made my heart beat faster than it already was due to the physical activity, and made me want to go home.  But, I pulled up my big girl panties and went on my way.

When, all of a sudden, there was a rustling in one of these.


Not this exact one...there was no time to take a picture!

I about died!  I actually made eye contact with a beaver/badger/chipmunk/wombat.  I know two things for sure, that it's a darn good thing I didn't have my new red gun in a holster on my hip, and that it probably wasn't a badger 'cause my Papa Eells told me that a badger would charge and get me.  At least that's how I remember his story.  If I could have been a little faster on the draw, I'm certain all of nature would still be malling me....down by the river.

This is how worried the girls were:


I'm a survivor.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment