Wednesday, May 4, 2011

6 Months!

Oh, I'm so far behind!!  In many things, but the most fun thing on my list of things to get caught up on is posting a blog!  There's no reason for the behind-ness.  Sometimes it just goes that way...

The babes' 6 month anniversary was Sunday!!  (Is it a birthday?  An anniversary?  Just another day?)  In honor of this HALF A YEAR mark, here's some lists...

Things I LOVE about my 6 month olds:
1.  They are awake so much more!  They take 2 naps a day now, not 14. 

2.  When they are awake they PLAY!!  They play with each other, they play with us, they play with toys, they play with their toes - prescious.



3.  They ingest more than breast milk!  This has been fun and also made it to the un-posted list of things I spend too much time talking to other moms about and googling.  Food is hard, people.  Spoons are hard, gag reflexes are hard, clean-up is hard...but mostly, it's fun.


4.  When I snuggle them, they snuggle back.  This is impossible to describe, and I of course don't have a picture of it, but you know exactly what I mean.  They put their chubby little hands on my neck, they rest their chubby little cheeks on my shoulder.  Sigh.  Maybe this on should have been #1.  Love.

Lack of chubbiness                                                               Chubbiness

5.  They "know" us.  I'm the love of their lives (as my friend Daisy says), their best friend, basically their fave.  I know this will change.  I know it's partly because I'm with them 24/7.  I know it's mostly because I am their food source.  Don't care.  I love it.

Things I miss about their younger selves:

1.  They used to nap more.

2.  They used to stay right where I put them and only lay still.

That's all.  Each milestone is awesome!  Everyday I think 2 things in crazy person succession.  "Never change", then "I can't wait to see who you become".  You can't have it both ways.  I can't wait to see who they become.

***Most pictures today were of Kate, don't love her more, that's just how it worked out.***

See you soon,
The Fave

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love how they are becoming their own little selves. And what different personalities they are!! Can't wait to snuggle with them too.....

    ReplyDelete