Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Where There's Smoke...

There's no fire.  At least not in this county, or even this state.  But you can't go outside without knowing there's a fire somewhere.  It smells like there is a campfire in my backyard, there's not.  It looks like Albuquerque is burning to the ground, it's not.  But there is a fire on the Arizona/New Mexico border.  The Wallow Fire of Arizona has been burning for almost a week now.  Last I heard it's zero percent contained.  I cannot imagine.  The fire is over 200 miles away from my house, and I don't feel very well if I'm outside for more than about 10 minutes.

There are firefighters THERE.  There are animals THERE.  There are 300,000 acres of homes and people who have it so much worse.  I just cannot imagine.

Praying today.  Feeling guilty that I don't feel the weight of natural disasters until it affects me personally.  Wow.

There is a mountain the the not so distant distance between those trees that we haven't seen in days.


Poor quality, but that is the sun yesterday afternoon at about 6.  Fuzzy, but the color is accurate.



No comments:

Post a Comment