Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Oh My Gosh, There's Two!"

This was the first thing out of my mouth the minute the doctor turned on the ultrasound machine when I was 6 weeks pregnant.  (I'm reminiscing, people, slow your roll!!!)  I don't look at ultrasounds, ever.  I was completely prepared for panic when I saw nothing even though my blood said I was for sure pregnant.  I had had a few dreams of twins...on the delivery table, just pushed one baby out, and they said, "Ok, catch your breath and we'll start on the second."  What??!?!!  This would be a terrible way to learn that you were having two!  But I'd also had dreams that we lived in a submarine and Dan delivered the baby 10,000 leagues under the sea.  I wasn't putting much stock in the dream!  But, sure enough, there were two!


I have been wallowing in this memory for the past 24 hours.  A new friend just found out that she is expecting twins.  She's at 6 weeks and our stories are similar, yet very different, as all stories are.  I have thought of the heartbreak of trying to get pregnant for longer than you want.  Of the inability to really believe it.  And of the absolute awe and joy and peace and wonder when you finally accept it.  In the moment, I wanted most any other story than the one we were going through trying to conceive.  In hindsight, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Can you believe that THAT turns into THIS!!


Feeling grateful,
momma

No comments:

Post a Comment