Saturday, April 2, 2011

Updates

Lauren likes to hold hands while she naps...me too.

Since my new obsession is reading other's blogs I have learned how tormenting the lack of closure can be.  I feel that it is hugely egotistical of me to assume that you ponder the outcomes of the events and goings-on in this house, but isn't the whole notion of a blog slightly egotistical?  So, here are the outcomes and updates (as my memory will allow, I haven't re-read my blog).

The girls are doing great in their own beds.  They simply did not notice the other's absence.  I know this should make me happy - we didn't have to struggle to accomplish separate beds, there was no drama, they won't need to sleep together when they're 14 to be able to fall asleep, etc.  It makes me sad.  I want them to want to snuggle all the time.

They are still swaddled to sleep.

Roxie's toe is fine.  Like, never happened and forgot all about it, fine.  She is however slightly less neglected.  We moved her food and water bowl outside this week.  She has adapted well.  She can still come and go as she pleases, but she eats outside.  As the girls are becoming more mobile, the thought of them crawling over to the dog bowl and having a taste motivated me to make the change now...and caused me to puke in my mouth a little bit.

Kate still has a mullet.

There are helpful and not so helpful people everywhere.

Dan wants me to add that he's getting better at dressing the girls.  No comment.

The end.

Oh, do you think babies can just have "bad days"?  I was a little grumpy today (no good reason), they were a little grumpy today (no apparent reason).  Chicken before the egg?  Egg before the chicken?  For a while, my crazy mind went through the possible problems - teething, gas, sleepy, growing, etc.  Eventually I decided to just call it a bad mood day.  Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog Dr Erin were you the one with teething, gas, sleepy, growing, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! love that you have more blogs!! Can't get enough. Since you are giving us closure etc, how is Lauren and the exersaucer getting along? Makes me sad that I don't have a very good picture of your morning hair or any pictures of Dad's dressing.. What was I thinking? Could have had ammo for years!! Love you, Mommmma

    ReplyDelete