Sunday, March 13, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog...

That became the question.  I have never been an indecisive person.  Never.  I do all things quickly, efficiently.  So, it came as a shock to me that I have had such a hard time starting this process.  I decided to look into blogging after having our twin babes and being at home with them for the past 4 months.  I found quickly that I have a lot of random thoughts everyday, I think most of them are funny (you'll be the judge), and my internal dialogue was like a really long, unpublished Facebook post.  So, I logged on, did some research, became a Pioneer Woman stalker, and decided this was the perfect outlet for me!  Then, I spent 2 weeks trying to think up a title for my blog....seriously!!??  Pick a name, get to work, share the sitcom that is our life - I couldn't do it.  So, FINALLY, I made a decision, created a blog and posted this - in a matter or 30 minutes (or 3 weeks, whatever).

I start this adventure on the eve of my "back to work" day.  I am headed back to the clinic tomorrow (chiropractor, love it, haven't missed it) after a 6 month absence.  I'm petrified.  Do my hands remember how to do what they need to do?  Will the babes do something cool while I'm gone?  Will the Hub make it home in time for the switch-a-roo?  And, of course, my little Lauren is sick for the first time...now...when I'm going to abandon her for the first time.  Ugh.  All that whining done, I do have a pretty sweet deal.  I'm only going in to see patients 2 days a week for one 3 hour shift/day.  Cake.  AND, my sweet husband has rearranged his schedule (also a chiropractor) to allow for him to be with the girls while I'm working those 6 hours.  It should work beautifully, and I really am looking forward to a few things - doing my hair, fun shoes, seeing my patients, using a part of my brain that has been off duty, etc.  I'll keep you posted.

Critique away - now is when habits are established...if I'm annoying, let me know - in a few weeks, I'll be beyond repair.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! So excited to read about those girls! Have a great day back to work.

    ReplyDelete