Saturday, October 22, 2011

Freedom!!

We used to barricade the babes in the worst way.  We had our reasons...we knew that they were only surrounded by approved things, knew where they were at all times, knew they would not get on the stairs, etc.  It was a safe, controlled environment - that they were outgrowing.

Frankly, so was I.  I felt confined to a small space most of the day.  If I went into the kitchen they stood at the ottoman (barricade that way) and leaned as far as they could to see me, and cried.  If I went upstairs, there was always a little part of me that wondered if they could/had escaped and were doing scary things.  It was time to break the chains!

We have a very open floor plan downstairs and most of the spaces were too big for a regular gate.  Dan improvised!  He set up the "pen" to block the entryway from both sides of the loop.  NOW, the babes have full reign of the living room, kitchen, dining room, and hall.  They are so excited!  Already, Lauren is walking more, and Kate is being more adventurous!

Yes, it means there will be more toys throughout my house.  It means that there was more to baby-proof, and there will be a learning period for us all as we figure out things that are just too big of a temptation.  But, we're FREE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment