Friday, February 3, 2012

Twinnies

Sidebar:  You know how my new year's resolution was to be more intentional?  An example of how I'm still a work in progress:  I needed to post a blog, I had one in mind, I had two sleeping babies and most of my chores done for the day, BUT it's 2:00 and a Friends re-run just came on.  I had to force myself to sit down and do a blog.  What is wrong with me!?!!  I have seen EVERY Friends episode out there, I will not be surprised...it's a sickness.

OK, twins.

I don't know that I speak of things 'twin' very often in this blog.  Sure, everything I do talk about is in plural, but rarely do I talk about the twin interaction I get to witness.  I think it's because I have never had it any other way, so I fail to recognize the uniqueness of raising twins.  Maybe someday I'll go back and touch on the miracle that was the pregnancy, how different one baby feels in my belly compared to two, or the challenges and exhaustion of the newborn stage...but right now, this is what twin looks like at our house.

*When looking at a picture of the two of them together, each babe points to themselves in the picture.  When Lauren is looking at it, she points to Lauren and giggles.  When Kate is looking, she points to Kate.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  But it happens without fail enough to make me think...something.

*At times or rest (seemingly NEVER!) they assume the same position.  When eating, I'll notice that they both have their right foot wedged up under the tray and are swinging the left.  Or at nap time they will both lay on their right side with their left arm straight out.  Again, maybe a coincidence, but stinkin' cute.  And creepily consistent.

*They rarely head for the same toy or area of the room at the same time unless coaxed by a "Come here and play with this", but without fail within 3-4 minutes they end up together, doing the same thing.  I wanna know how they decide who's doing the coolest thing....

*They've started taking care of each other.  If Kate is crying, Lauren brings her a pacifier.  If Lauren is crying, Kate pats her on the back (Kate never does something as crazy as give up a pacifier. Never.)

*And remember how I said they were both sleeping.  Lie.  As I type I can hear squeals and giggles.  They keep each other company...and keep each other up.  My favorite moment of day is in the morning.  I'm laying in my bed, they are right around the corner in their room.  I hear one wake up and make some cute baby noises.  And if I'm patient (or tired and lazy) and leave them alone for a while, they usually chat and play and giggle for about 10 minutes before they start barking for me to come get them.  I always feel a little left out of the party, but what sweet noises.

I'm going to go break up the party and lay them back down.  I bet you 10 to 1 Kate has both pacifiers and is sitting back just far enough from the shared side of the crib that Lauren can't reach hers.  It's all fun and games until...




With Love,
Momma

P.S. On proof reading it seems I paint a very rosy picture.  They also hit each other with books.  They push each other down if one is "winning" on the way to a different toy.  They cry when they don't get their way and have to share.  Just so you don't get the wrong idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment