Friday, April 19, 2013

Staycation.

I love my babies.  Like big time.
All I ever really wanted was to be a wife and mother...and I love that I get to be - every single day.
I love the noise, and the snuggles, and the dutchy language that we speak.
I love the smells and messes and kisses.

But, I also used to love silence.
I used to love a clean house.
I used to love a marked off to-do list.
I used to love a solid 8 hours of sleep.

Dodie and Pop rolled out in the minivan with ALL THREE a little before 8:00 this morning.
Dan leaves after work to go to Laverne to see patients tomorrow.
I AM ALL ALONE....for like 36 hours.

I'm coffee'd up.  My list is long, and serious, and long overdue.

Have fun, punks.
Have fun, Dodie and Pop.

"I never said, 'I want to be alone.' I only said, 'I want to be left alone.' There is all the difference." 
- Greta Garbo

No comments:

Post a Comment