Monday, April 22, 2013

Linguistics.

These two.

I have heard of twin language, but it just doesn't happen around here.  They may talk nonsensically, but it's nonsensical to the other as well!

But goodness, do they say some funny stuff...a few I never want to forget:

Kate:
ToLittleBit
ToLater

These took me a long time to decipher.  Like a LONG time.  ToLater started first.  She would put a toy aside and say, "I play tolater".  I would ask if she needed a drink, "No, maybe tolater."  Then, soon thereafter, I picked up on 'tolittlebit'.  Kate, is it naptime?  'No, let's wait a tolittlebit.'  I finally asked, 'Momma, like tomorrow...tolittlebit.'  I die.  All forms of time have a to- in front...

Tonight
Tomorrow
Today
Tolittlebit
Tolater

Goodness.

Lauren:
E'er'where
Too

E'er'where - everywhere, is like punctuation to this one.  'I go to school tomorrow, e'er'where.'  'I like tomatoes e'er'where.'  I have no idea where this came from.  I bet she says e'er'where 42 times a day.  Totes adorbs.

Too - This one breaks my heart.  Lauren is my Baby B.  She is less animated than Kate.  She is quieter than Kate.  She is #2.  She is the ', too'.  Kate: 'I love to swing!'  Lauren: 'I love to swing, too!'  This is good, this is normal.  BUT, my baby girl says too even when there's not an agreement.  Kate doesn't like tomatoes, Lauren knows Kate doesn't like tomatoes.  No one said Kate likes tomatoes...but when Lauren says she likes tomatoes, she says, "I like tomatoes, too."  So sad.  So stinkin' cute.  But kinda so sad...

Just so I don't forget...tolater.

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment