Monday, November 7, 2011

I Need to Miss You

One time in our engagement period, I was leaving Dan for a few days to visit my friend in Oklahoma City.  I was sad about spending so much time apart and fishing for Dan to say the same.  He missed the hint and instead reassured me by saying: "It's ok, babe, I think I need to miss you for a while." 

I get it now.  We left the girls in Albuquerque with Dodie and Pop and were gone for the weekend.  It was a good and productive weekend for us, the girls were well loved and fine, and Dodie and Pop had a blast.  And, truth be told, it was nice to miss them for a while!




When they were 0-6 months old, I could not wrap my mind around ever leaving them.  I missed them when I showered, I worried about them, I called Dan 14 times during my 2 hour work shift to find out what they were doing.  I don't know if it's that they are mostly weaned, or that they were with my parents and I wasn't worried, or if I was just tired and needed a break, but leaving wasn't as hard this time.

But I did miss them.  And it was one of my favorite Momma Moments to walk in the door and see two big smiles and four arms stretched right up to be held.  I don't know that absence makes the heart grow fonder, but sometimes it's good to miss someone for while.

Love,
The Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment