Sunday, August 17, 2014

Noonday

I have practiced restraint like never (ok, maybe an exaggeration!) before!  Friends, I have news!  I am an Ambassador with Noonday!!  Ambassador - as in to represent, to advocate on behalf of, to bring attention to.  Here's the story.

Noonday Collection, a women's and home accessory company, began as a way for the founder, Jessica Honneger and her husband to fund their adoption of their son, Jack, from Rwanda.  In 2011, they opened the opportunity to Ambassadors to represent the artisans from around the globe.  From the Noonday website

"Together with the Noonday ambassadors across the country, we offer you the opportunity to use your purchasing power to create change in the world {while looking really good along the way}. Your fashion sense can now restore dignity to abandoned women in Ethiopia, empower communities in Ecuador, and create business opportunities for Ugandans." 


Why, you ask?  Well, because I couldn't not.  

Here's a run down of my life:
Ages 10-25: so self centered I couldn't see out.
Ages 25-30: career/operation-find-a-husband focused.  a different kind of self centered, but just as small of world outlook.
Ages 30-34: new motherhood.  ZERO self-centered-ness, but maybe the smallest world outlook season.  I did not see beyond the walls of our living room...much less outside of our home or community.
Now: the blinders fell off.  

It seems without any intentional work on my own, I cannot help but SEE!  The books that catch my eye, the news stories I can't help but watch again and again, the things that keep me up at night...for the first time ever they are on a global scale.

Noonday was an answer to 'now what?!' for me.  My number one job is still 'Momma' and will be for a LONG time.  This is something I can do, to make a world impact on poverty, and still keep the main thing the main thing!  I'll be hosting Trunk Shows in your homes to present beautiful jewelry and accessories and the artisans who make it, to you and your friends so that YOU, too, can make an impact.  Conscious spending.  Buying with purpose.  Using your dollars to free instead of keep in bondage.

Here's the fun part!  

Shop!!  Here is my personal Noonday collection webpage.  Browse, read the stories of these amazing artisans and the purpose behind it all.  Read what's going on with The International Justice Mission and how Noonday is partnering with them.

Schedule a trunk show!  I have 40 of these amazing pieces all shined up and ready to bring to your kitchen table.  Invite some friends over, provide some drinks and snacks, and I'll bring the dress up pretties!  There are hostess benefits and even ways to host a party on behalf of a friend who is trying to adopt a child to help with their funding.  Anyone who schedules a trunk show with me by September 1 will be entered to win a $30 voucher!

Tushabe Layered Necklace  Discs and Pearls Necklace  Featherweight Cuff

La Noche Bracelet  Tagua Seed Bracelet, Coral  Kismet Day Bag




Email me at erin4noonday@gmail.com, contact me through facebook, or call me to schedule a party!  Help me at fulfill the Noonday mission of creating economic opportunity for the vulnerable!

-erin






























































No comments:

Post a Comment